Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Road Goes On...

 "I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable, beautiful, and afraid of nothing, as though I had wings." 


This post is to my dear readers...those faithful readers who have been with me since May 17th 2008

Looking back, I was so excited to start this blog. I was a little girl who loved to write, who loved to take pictures, and who loved the fact that other people she hadn't met could see what was happening in her life, could see her photos, and could see her writings. I wish I could say that I'm still that little girl, and I wish this blog could continue throughout my life, recording everything that will happen. But fact is...I'm not that little girl anymore and it's almost impossible for this blog to continue in the same way it used to. In four years, allot can happen...and we can change into a whole new person that we have no idea who we were before. To put it simply, we grow up. 

This evening I've been looking back...I've been scanning through my old posts and I'm finding myself either laughing at this little girl's spelling and grammatical errors, her cheesy captions, or even her silly photos. You can imagine how many memories and how many stories can be packed into one single post...so even with the laughs, tears did come. Tears came because I started to realize how much I had grown up...and how much *everyone* around me has grown up and changed. Reading those old posts was almost like a time machine...it took me back to my life as a girl...my life from 2008 to 2010. As I read...I remembered. I remembered the first photo shoot I was ever a part of, I remembered a good friend leaving for the Marines, I remembered the time we went to the Tremont Turkey Festival with friends and who could forget our fun 4th of July celebration? Then our church, how it hosted the first picnic of many and how we ended 2009 off with it's second Reformation Day. Then 2010 brought 12th night, Michigan, and my trip to Florida


Most of these weren't life changing events, but each memory that was made, holds a place in my heart. 

It's been a journey, and although I do believe the journey of Life in the Country has come to a close, my journey hasn't. But now it's time to move on...time to smile at the past, and laugh at the future. 

Before signing off, I want to thank each of you for being a faithful reader of this blog. My hope is that it has been a blessing to you as much as it has been a joy for me. Thank you for experiencing those years recorded with me.


In His Love,
 ~Sierra Elizabeth

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Its funny to think back to those blog posts that you linked to. Such good times! :)
I've really enjoyed reading your blog, Sierra! But I understand how much we all have changed. :)
love you! <3

Kathryn Grace said...

Why do people have to grow up? That is a question I have long wanted answered and I don't think it will ever be answered. :-) I've enjoyed following your blog while you were posting, but I completely understand the need to move on. Will you still post on your photo blog?