Tuesday, July 7, 2009

We were pretty disappointed when we got the e-mail saying that the Annual Celebration that is usually at the Sanfords, had to be moved to the Church in Morton because of too much rain...But still I think we all had a wonderful time! :) The evening started out with the guys grilling up all the meat, while us "youth" practiced a funny song for the evening, and also preparing for the upcoming Ladies Tea. Then after that we headed downstairs for some delicious food, and sweet fellowship...During this celebration our Pastor showed us this clip from the movie "John Adams" and I'm so glad that he did! It brought me back, and reminded me of what we were really celebrating. It made me think of John Hancock, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, and the others who signed the Declaration Of Independence. How, and what would they do if they were here seeing America the way it is now? What can we do? My prayer is that God can use us Christians to change the world for His Glory. It might seem impossible, but whenever I think of the word "impossible", I always think of Matthew 19:26: "With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

At around 8:00, Pastor dismissed us and we all went our separate ways to go and watch fireworks in many different areas. Our family invited the Castle's, Sanford's, and two of the McDonalds to go with us to the Coast Guard base where we can see the fire works up close on the lake. And let me tell you, we all had an absolute *blast*!

I'll let you get to the pictures now, I hope you enjoy them, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your week! God bless! :)



Cute huh?


Watermelon, my favorite fruit during Summer time. :)


Shishkabobs with the chicken soaked in Tequila, delicious!



Count yourselves honored, you are seeing a rare picture of Mrs. McDonald grilling!


Jess, Meli, and I getting our traditional photo together. :) <3



Jess and Tiffany



If looks could kill... ;)


You never know what homeschoolers will come up with...Josiah had the wonderful idea of using cream cheese filling for the glue. :)


The "youth" singing Revolutionary Tea...We got this recorded so as soon as I can, I'll post the video so that you can enjoy it too. :)


Nice looking bunch don't 'ya think?


Victoria, Jess, Becca, and Garrison waiting patiently for the fireworks to begin.



Us girls gather 'round the truck...I wish the lighting was better, but its the memory that counts. :)


Snuggled up in my chair while a cool wind blows across the lake, and watching these beautiful fireworks. They never cease to amaze me. :)











4 comments:

Jeremy Degenhart said...

...and I just butted in to your wonderful evening, uninvited, as usual, I suppose...? :-)

Unknown said...

Love the fire works pictures!! Great job!

Yeah, we were pretty disappointed that the party was transferred to the church, but we still had a blast!
Can't wait for next year!!!

Love ya!
Jesi

Tara Janelle said...

You've got some really good pictures there! Looks like you all had a great time and I can't wait to watch a video of you singing your "silly" song! :-) By the way.... what is that cup thing supposed to be?

It was really nice meeting you at the ladies tea! Can't wait for Reformation day to get to see you again!

Tara

Sierra said...

Jeremy, lol! I'm so sorry! But you did kind of invite your self. Oh well, we had fun. :)

Jesi, Thanks! I took like 50, and had to choose from all of them, you would not believe how hard that was! ;) I can't wait 'til next year either! Love ya!

Tara, Thank you! Yeah, I need to talk to one of the McDonald girls about that video, they still haven't sent it to me...The cup thing? lol, yeah...Its just a creation that we did randomly. :) But yes, it was wonderful to meet you, your sisters and all the other girls! I can't wait to see you again!