Monday, January 11, 2010

Friday night, our dear friends the McDonalds hosted a 12th night party. We were all to dress up as historical or literary character, so we had lots of fun choosing from different movies, and books. :) It was great to see everyone put their own selves into their costumes, they were all so lovely! The night was filled with games, dancing, and laughter, and it was one of those times where every moment was a blessed memory. Memories, that will not easily be forgotten. Even as I write this, I am looking forward to the days ahead. Not only the parties that we may have, but the people we will meet, the friends we will make, and the blessings our Father has in store for us.


Even though I enjoyed all the costumes, I'd have to say that this pair was my favorite!
Mary Poppins, and Bert...the chimney sweep!


Well aren't we enthused?


Zorro and Robin Hood playing their hand at dutch blitz....


...while the Bennett sisters cream the others in Scattagories.


The beautiful table with the King cake, completed with some hot drinks!


"Drop your sword."


Josiah went as Wesley, while Lenna went as the darker haired version of Buttercup.
They make quite the pair! :)


Now these are the guys to keep your eyes on. Al Capone and his personal side-kick.


Here are some lovely ladies! The Bennett sisters and Marian Dashwood, with Miss Beth from Little Woman.


Indiana Jones with his darling wife, aren't they just adorable?


Well look who we have here! Our own personal Newsies! Though they look like they've been reading the news a little too much, I suggest the comics. :)


Okay, either Al Capone grew allot or Lucy shrunk. Because something in this picture is not right at all. ;)


Bond...James Bond.


They say that the party don't start until these guys walk in, but all I see is Trouble. With a capital "T".


The King cake with a coffee bean in it. Who will find it, be the winner, and crowned King?


Congratulations, Zachary! :)


Who better to call the dances then Mary Poppins herself? Though for some reason she does look a bit worried...



Let the dancing, and merriment begin!

"I could have danced all night, and still begged for more..."



Jesse James: "So after heroically saving the girl, she gave me this flower. Cool huh?" Al Capone: "Yeah, sure. Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

5 comments:

Tara Janelle said...

I have to agree - Mary Poppins and Bert are fantastic! :-) Who did you go as, Sierra?

Looks like ya'll are having way too much fun again!

SuperAngel said...

what a fun time! loved everyone's costumes! :)

what did you go as, Sierra?

Brooke W. said...

Lovely costumes!!!! I agree Mary Poppins and Bert look wonderful! :)

Who did you go as?

SavannahLynn said...

I think you had waaaay to much fun for your own good!!!!I'm guessing you went as Lorna Doone...but that is just a guess:P I think I would have gone as some one from Star Trek.....or maybe Christine from the Phantom of the opera.....or better yet how bout Princess Leah???? was there anyone dressing up from star wars?????Was there no Legolas, Elizabeth Swan,Jack Sparrow or professor X??? And wheres Wolverine....I mean he is like sooo totally awesome!!!lol!!!it looks like sooo much fun!!!I really need to set one of these up some time....................
....... a peter pan costume would have been a great addition...if you could find some guy(I haven't yet:) who would have been willing to play the part,green tights and all:P....

Sierra said...

To all, I went as Lorna Doone! :)

Tara, Yes, they were quite adorable! Too much fun? Haha, never. ;)

Amanda, Thanks! Yes, we had a lovely time, I cannot wait 'til next year!

Brooke, Thank you!! Yes, I would have to agree! :) Y'all need to come and visit again, I've missed our laughs and conversations! ;) *hugs*

Savannah, Score for you!! Lorna Doone was right! Yeah, we did have a blast, everything went so wonderfully I can't wait for next year! Oh no, I don't think any guys at our church would want to dress up as Peter Pan. lol! But it would be a sight to see! :)