Monday, August 31, 2009

1st Church Picnic!

"The sun is rising and the day is here we'll celebrate so don't be late, the time is near. Grab your friends and like a rocket we're there to where the party charges up every year Where we laugh forever taste the perfect weather everyone together pack your bags for the memories we make so lets jet out today."


This past weekend was our 1st Multi Church Jubilee Picnic which were 5 like-minded churches all getting together for a day of fellowship, food, and fun. Everyone had been awaiting this day for a long time and when it finally came, everyone was really excited. Mr. Serven, who was in charge of the 'Family Olympics' did an excellent job in selecting a variety of games which included: Egg&Spoon Relay, Baseball-Bat Relay, and my personal favorite, the Three Legged Race. I humbly pronounce that our family took 1st place in the 'Olympics', but I think allot of it goes to the ones who were cheering us on, and maybe because Pastor told us we held up "Providence's" name. But whatever it was we were happy, and thankful God gave us the strength and energy for that day. After all the games had ended, everyone went inside to enjoy a delicious lunch provided by the Erber family, they did a fantastic job!

It was truly a wonderful day and I found myself rejoicing again in God's many Blessings. It was a perfect day with perfect memories, and I honestly think that that day couldn't have gotten any better. :)





Before play, always comes some work, but if its with friends
its got to be good.


Here is the 1st of Geneva's many pictures. Someday I want to do a post of just her and have y'all pick which ones your favorite. Sound good?


"Spinning around the sun making my way..."



As I made my way to the park, I saw this little girl swinging and I had to get a shot!


A group of people listening to Mr. Serven as he dishes out the rules to the game.


3-Legged Race- And we're off!


And there go Dad and Lenna!


Josiah and I quickly get a picture together before our next turn.


This one, and the second are probably my all time favorites!
David's face is priceless!


Ethan's little brother looks so cute, but hilarious in this one, he's like, "HELP!"



Next up, Egg & Spoon Relay!


Josiah did really good on this one, he went fast and still didn't drop the egg.Now that takes talent. ;)


Lenna looks a little scared, but she did amazing!!


I'm not sure who this is, but its the only one I got of the Baseball-Bat Relay, I wish I had more! It would have been hilarious! :)


Awww, here's another shot of one of the cutest baby girls at our church, ain't she a doll?!


Dad, Lenna, Me, and Josiah= WINNERS!! :D


The Feast


*FRIENDS*


The sanctuary looking a little more crowded than usual...


Here's a picture of the Little Kids Choir, I'll post the video soon! Thanks Mrs. Yen!!


Next up....Baseball.


Mr. Erber up to bat!


The Harvard girls cheering there team on, go team!!


Sorry girls, but we were much louder. ;)


Little Geneva would rather be somewhere else, you can tell by the face she's giving us. :)


Its all up to Ethan, he swings, and hits their team home! (guys, i'm making this up again.)



I remember doing this in Soccer..."Good game, good game....ect."


Getting a group shot.


Geneva worn out by the day...


The memorable day closes with a word of Prayer. I thought this was a sweet picture...


"By the Light of God which is brought through the acknowledgment of Love we are brought from darkness. By the Sound of God which is our response to Love we are sustained."

6 comments:

Miss.M said...

Wow! I can't believe y'all have never had a church picnic before!! I is one of our favorite way to bring our church together.
Love y'all! God bless!

Tara Janelle said...

That was such a fantastic day!! We HAVE to do it again! Congratulations to your family for winning the family olympics! I was cheering you on! (in my head...I couldn't be so disloyal to my church as to cheer out loud, could I?)
Seth's face is SOOO funny in the 3-legged-race picture with Ethan!

Okay, yes, you all won the cheering contest, but we were pretty loud too and OUR team won the game. So there! :-)

Did you see that my mom also got video footage of It is Well and the song that your little sisters sang?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwLLOaOw3Nk&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmwPzlcHrwg&feature=channel_page

Great post and pictures, Sierra!
*hugs*
Tara

Dawn said...

Sierra,
It was so nice to 'officially' meet you at the picnic after hearing about you and seeing you on so many blogs! Great post and re-cap of the day!

Looking forward to seeing you again at many other multi Church picnics in the future!

~Dawn Beatty

Kathryn Grace said...

Great pictures! I hardly got ANY pictures - really. I'm so bad with event photos, I'm too busy taking part (I like artsy pictures better - like your baseball glove/ball. :-).

That little girl swinging is Jenna, she's from our church! She's a cutie.

As far as the cheering contest goes, you were definitely louder in the beginning but we got pretty close toward the end! You have to admit it wasn't exactly a fair contest since you had all your girls and there were only a handful of us... Melinda was so funny, after we cheered really loud she says oh-so-sweetly, "Nice try, ya'll!" :-)
I look terrible in that picture, by the way! LOL!

Great to see you again!

Sierra said...

CCG, Yeah I know, we're bad. ;) I can imagine, if every times as good as this one was, its got to be good!...and totally fun! :) Miss y'all. <3

Tara, Of course!! If we don't I'll be mad. ;) It was a fantastic day, and I'm so glad y'all were able to make it! Well y'all won the game, but we won the cheering contest. :) Ok, his name is Seth? I put "Ethan's brother" cause I didn't know his name. lol. Tell your mom "THANKS" for me, those clips were such I blessing!! :) Love you! *hugs*

Dawn, Thanks!! It was wonderful to meet you in person too! Hopefully in the near future we'll be able to hang out more. :)

Kathryn, Thanks! Yeah, that's how my brother is, I used to do that, but once I got my Blog and Nikon, I knew I had a responsibility. Yeah isn't that cool?! They were just laying there and I thought I'd make an art-sy shot. :) I know, it wasn't fair, and I'm sure y'all would have done as good as us if you had all your girls there, but hey, y'all won the game, we won the contest. :) Yeah, that Melinda. She really is nice once you get to know her. :) *hugs*

Jeremy Degenhart said...

So, our Olympics team lost, but was the most entertaining? That's an epic win...

Also, Ethan was 0 for 3 with three pop outs. I am against giving him any credit whatsoever... :-)