Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A week ago from today I was privileged to go with my friend, Suzanne and her family to Michigan for a quick family vacation. Even though it was quick, I had the time of my life! Lots of people had asked what the highlight of my trip was and honestly, I'd have to say it was the time and conversations I had with Suzanne. Its amazing how two friends can grow closer in the course of 4 days. :) The second highlight would be driving the four-wheeler through the woods, mud, and creek. You'll see why I enjoyed it so much if you stick around and look at the pictures I have below. There's just something about being adventurous!

Life is a journey, and this journey took me to Michigan. Besides the memories, here is what I brought back. *Enjoy*!



Lighthouses. Sooo pretty...

Yay for the timer on cameras. Can you tell? ;)


Has anyone else seen one of these? It was like a recliner, but on a swing-set. Trent seems to be having fun with it, or is he just enjoying his drink?


Pop Quiz: What is this shot of?


When we arrived at our destination, Suzanne and I were able to take a walk through her grandparent's woods. Here is a picture with her older brothers name and his wife's engraved in one of the trees. Isn't it cute?


Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises.
~Pedro Calderon de la Barca


After we went for a walk we found this in shed...


...and decided to take it out for a spin....


...boy, did we have fun! :)

There's a first time for everything! And for me, it was this! :)


Of course, there are others who prefer the golf cart... :)


A meadow filled with the beautiful color of orange...


...or a pond with its glorious reflection...

...these are things, we love the most.


Suzanne is ready to do it again!



Riding through this...


...plus this...


...equals this...


...& this. :)


Even though I'm terrible at mini golfing, it was lots of fun and I had an enjoyable time doing it!


Friends and Sisters in more than one way! <3>

Art-sy. :)


Hey Trent. :)

"We don't know where we're goin', but we're on our way..."
~Gomez



“A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.”
~Tim Cahill


*happiness*

Creative sign, I like it. :)


This place had almost every doughnut imaginable, but instead of getting something new and different, I decided to just get my favorite. Chocolate icing...with sprinkles. :)


Mugshots can't be pretty...Especially when we were in this terrible mess. ;)


*beauty*

*more beauty*


Saturday morning we had to say goodbye to the Grandparents, but our day wasn't over yet. :)


We had a wedding to go to!


Congratulations, Eric and Lynsey! :)


Andrews expressions says it all. :)


Three of my greatest friends. :)



*crazy friends*

I'm still wondering why we got a picture in the middle of a graveyard...?


On our way home, even though it was late, we decided to stop at a local Bass Pro Shop. Anyone else a big fan of this store?


Trenton engulfed in his shooting, and doing a great job at it too!


Me and Suz with our bag of Peanut M&M's and some Java Monsters. Hey, we had to stay awake! ;)

14 comments:

Jeremy Degenhart said...

The Amish Buggy mugshot made my day.

Suzanne said...

lol. I totally look like I have a black eye in the "mug shot" I guess it goes with the picture. =)

Jacob Guenther said...

I like the new design :) Great pics, esp. the nature ones. :)

Steven and Milena said...

The quiz is a semi wheel hub

Thomas DeL said...

hahaha!...I love all these Pics! But, I have to agree with Jer, the Amish pic is Epic.

Tara Janelle said...

What fun and great post! You made me want to go to Michigan now! :-)

LOL! Amish buggy shot is too funny!

Bass Pro Shop is neat, but I like Cabelas better, I think!

*hugs*

Kathryn Grace said...

Love the pics and the new design! Pop quiz: Bottom of a plastic water bottle. :-) Ok, so it's probably not but that's the first thing I thought of!

I love that silhouetted shot of the two of you on the 4 wheeler! So cute!

Sorry, but the donut sign reminds me a little too much of the movie "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs," after which I lost my appetite.

Miss.M said...

Go Sierra!!! 4 wheeling is sooooo much fun! We will have to do it when ever y'all come out here.

Camille said...

LOVE the mugshot! Pretty funny.

Sierra said...

Jeremy-Hahaha, well hey, we had to live up to what you said! ;)

Suzanne-lol! Yeah, it just adds to the affect. So your fine. :) <3

Jacob-Thanks! Glad you enjoyed them! :)

Steven-Ummmm, no. Nice try though! Its the bottom of a plastic bottle... :)

Tom-Hahaha, yeah. I think its pretty cool too... :)

Tara-*laughs* Well thank you! Its so pretty up there, I would not mind visiting there every year! Mmm, its a hard toss up for me, I love both shops, though I wish they weren't so expensive! *hugs*

Kathryn-Thanks! Glad you like it! Though I'm kinda having trouble because all the stuff on the side bar is at the bottom and I'm not sure how to fix it...And, YES! You're correct! :) Hmm, I've never seen that movie, so I guess it doesn't affect me the same way! :) *hugs*

Miss M.- YES! It is-I very much enjoyed every minute of it. Oh yeah, girl! That would be awesome! <3

Camille-Thanks, girl! :)

Kathryn Grace said...

Oh, I can tell you how to fix the sidebar stuff. In the designer thing, you should click on "Layout" and make sure you have it set to have at least one sidebar (you can have more than one if you want - you'll see the options). Then save it and go back to Page Elements and there you can drag your sidebar stuff around to where you want it. Does that make sense?

Johnathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Johnathan said...

Great pics! oh, and the mugshot is awesome. :)

Sierra said...

Kathryn-I'll be sure to try! Thanks, girl!! :) <3

Johnathan-Thanks!! Yeah, we had to be creative. ;)