Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Everyone is talking about the Blizzard 2011-here in our parts we got around 10 to 12 inches of snow overnight. The snow drifts are even higher! Yesterday when the storm had just started I decided to be adventurous, go out, and take some pictures. Both parents decided to join me so we went out to grab the trashcans and retrieve the mail :) I'm posting 9 of my shots, and soon I'll be posting some colorful ones of todays fun in the snow. enjoy! and mark this blizzard down-cause it's for sure goin' down in history!


Winter wonderland-literally.


A volleyball net and tire swing-looks inviting if what you want to do is freeze. 

Our back lane...

Need I say more??

The view from right outside our walk-talk about a whiteout! 

Walking down the lane to get the mail and trashcans-they look as if their being swept off their feet!

One of our trashcans blew all the way out into the cornfield-we were pretty fortunate in being able to even see it!

Dad with the trashcan surrounded by wind, snow, and ice.
Looks pleasant, huh?

Walking back the long lane...lets be thankful for our cozy homes :)

2 comments:

Steven and Milena said...

It's really hard believing that's happening. I went swimming today... outside. It was like 80 degrees

Kathryn Grace said...

We were eating out last night and they had a TV with the news on, and all they were talking about was the "Blizzard of 2011." Sounds so official and historical. :-) It is pretty crazy how much snow we got! I didn't take any pictures while it was still storming, but I did take some yesterday morning when we were clearing the driveway.