Wednesday, January 12, 2011

This past weekend was our annual 12th night celebration where everyone comes in costume as their favorite book or movie character. Last year was the first time we had done something like this, and although it was a huge success, I think this year proved more creativity, more color, and more faces. Its amazing what one year can do! I loved seeing each person come in their favorite character, yet making it their own, personalizing it in a way only they could do.

The night started with some delicious food and fellowship, then two young ladies did Bible Trivia which was fun and challenging, and then the night ended with my personal favorite, dancing. :)
So kudos to those who helped put this fantastic night together!

Food is something the people at Providence know how to take care of, both delicious and plentiful. 
Miss Shirly Temple and Princess Isabella of France-two mighty fine lookin' ladies. 
Six amazing friends smiling and awaiting for the night to begin. 
Little Jonas came as the Junior Robin Hood-I'd say he fits his character perfectly. :)
Marie Michelle and Lily put together some Bible Trivia, split up the teams,  and left it for them to decide who the winner was. Team 2-congratulations!! :D
5 star dancing that night-everyone had a blast, there was enough room,  and outside it was snowing.
 Gloriously wonderful? I'd say yes. :)

Many thanks to Anna for calling all the dancing and making sure *everyone* knew their right hand from their left. ;)

Arches are fun to go through when its made by two taller people, it gets a little squishy otherwise,  but still just as fun. :)

Aaron, Matt, and David came as The Three Stooges-they too played their characters quite well. 

This shot makes me smile. Not only are these two friends adorable, yet it again makes me see how my little sister is always watching me. I enjoy taking self portraits of me and my friends, and here she is doing the same. Gotta love little sisters. :) 

Me and Jess enjoying a break from the dances-and yes, I'm using her dress as a blanket. Hey, I was cold. Go figure. :P

Connor came as Vector from Despicable Me-see the resemblance? 

Aaron obviously had my camera. :P

Last group shot for the evening-until next year!! :D



4 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome post Sierra. I agree that 12th night was awesome. Thanks for posting pictures! :D

Kasey Mitts said...

Great post, sie!! :) <3

SavannahLynn said...

cool!what did you go as?

Sierra said...

Jesi-Thanks!! :D And no problem-I'll try getting the rest up on Picasa. *hugs*

Kasey-Thanks, girl! <3

Savannah-Lenna and I went as the Haynes Sisters from the movie White Christmas. :) I was Betty, and she was Judy-though really personality-wise it was the other way around. ;) <3