Saturday, December 11, 2010

Even though I loved the summery pictures and feel of my blog at the moment, I realize that it is December and would be more appropriate if I put up some wintry photos. Sound good? :) Well whether your answer was yes or no, you're gonna get it. *nods*

This post will cover the endings of November and the beginnings of December, plus, a few random shots here and there. Christmas, one of my favorite time of years-between the smells, the decorations, the lights, the sounds, the feelings...its always this time of year when I not only contemplate on Christ's birth, but what He has done in my life. I mean, have you ever done that? Just look back on your year and you'll notice that God has moved in the life of you and lives of others-its a blessing and privilege, and it should fill us with joy.

 A few days after Thanksgiving, the Evans family invited a few families out for an afternoon of shooting and fellowship. Here are a couple of the guys takin' out the clay pigeons!
Many of these babies were takin' out that day-I'd have to say that shooting clay pigeons are much more fun then shooting at a target. Cause hey-you get to blast a flying thing out of the sky and when you nail it, its like a firework. *nods*
Y'all really wanted to know that, now didn't ya? ;)
Becca, Ashly, Jesi, and Lenna lookin' quite cold, but still oh so happy...
Pardon Jesi, please. ;)
 We were blessed to have the Peiffer family join us for the Thanksgiving week and for the afternoon. Here is little David flashing his adorable smile-how 'bout those ear muffs! :)
 Here's a girl who thinks its important for women to know how to handle and use a gun properly. Yes, that's me. :) Although I don't get the opportunity often, I enjoy shooting when I can.
Sooo many colors. *nods*
 The Evans family always have such beautiful views of the sunset-isn't it gorgeous??
A quick shot of the first snow of 2010...
 Lenna curled my hair for an event and I decided to take a mirror picture of myself.
What do you think?? :)
 Following tradition, the King family invited us to their church's Holiday Tea where evenings are filled with laughter, food, fellowship, beauty, and joy.
Two of my very dear friends, Suzanne and Lenna.
Love you two. <3
 People always tell us girls that we look alike, I never saw it until this picture was taken.
Anyways, here we are. Best friends forever. :)
 Friends are the sunshine of life.
~John Hay

 Sisters are the best to pull into a modeling project, aren't they? ;) These two pictures are ones that I took for a friend who has an Etsy Shop-if you would like to go see what she has available, go check it out here!!
 The next few are some shots that I got this past week of all the snow we've had.
Be sure to tell me what you think of them! :)
 Road to the unknown...
Although this picture was just taken last week, it has a great antique feel to it. :)
 My version of the B&W Photo...
The next morning, I woke up to this beautiful sunrise.
Sunrises always remind me of this simple promise-A new day in Christ. :)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome pics Sierra - and I actually LOVE that pictures of Becca, Ashly, Lenna and I - I am such a NUT! ;)

LOVE the snow pics, especially the one with the road... :) :D Good job!

see you tomorrow! <3

Steven and Milena said...

Hey! Great post! I enjoyed reading it. Keep up the shooting :D
Those pictures were very nice. I really liked the corn crib one.

I don't know what B&W is... call me stupid if you like, but if it has anything to do with B&W Tree Service, I may have to de-friend you ;) JK
Keep it up!

Johnathan said...

love the last 3 pics! well actually the 3 before them were awesome too. lol

Tara Janelle said...

Fun pictures, Sierra! I really like going shooting too, but haven't tried the clay pigeons yet....

Whoa, you, Elita and Lenna really DO look alike in that photo! Did Lenna grow a few inches? She looks really tall in all these pictures!

All your snowy pictures are great - but my favorites are the antique-ish one and the sunrise. The angle on the "Road to the unknown" is super neato!

Miss ya'll... see you sometime soon, hopefully!!