Monday, July 13, 2009

Mother ~ Daughter Tea '09

This past weekend was our 2nd Annual Mother ~ Daughter Tea which was a time to encourage other ladies in their growth with the Lord. And it was an absolute success!! The speakers were encouraging, the food delicious, and the skit was hilarious! :) Many people were looking forward to this time and I think that this year was so much better than last. This year each lady of Providence that wanted to, decorated a table which would best suit their style and I'd have to say that each one was beautiful and lovely in their own way. I don't think I even have a favorite!

So on to the pictures, I hope you enjoy!




Lenna and I came up with a "Nature Wood" style with a cute nest in the middle.


Since Melissa had a "Nautical" theme, she had the brilliant idea of super-gluing shells to the bouquet of flowers. I thought it was pretty cute. :)


Sweet fellowship and all smiles...


Mrs. McDonald had kind of a "think pink" style to her's, and this was her center piece. Isn't it lovely?


Ruth, Hannah, and Emma waiting patiently for their food...



Melissa and Lenna pose for a picture.


Poor little guy, in the midst of all these girls! But he is such a cutie!


Love the lighting in this one...


By the look of her face I'd say she's having a good time!


Jessica E. speaking on Contentment, she did such a wonderful job!


Mrs. Sanford and her daughter speaking...


Melinda and Mrs. Ware did a fabulous job on this skit!...


... And afterward Mrs. McDonald concluded the Tea by giving an encouraging message.


...But that didn't stop us from getting more pictures! I got to make many new friends and here's a shot with the Yen sisters. :)


Peter, Ashton and Emil pose for a picture too. Thanks to all the guys for doing a wonderful job!


The Sanford brothers: Peter, Nathan and Zach. Notice the bow tie (s)?


Me and my two amazing friends Meli and Jess. <3

7 comments:

SuperAngel said...

looks like such an amazing time! I was so bummed we couldn't make it! :(
maybe next year!

the tables were beautiful! great themes all around!

Kathryn Grace said...

It was so lovely to meet you at the tea! Everything was beautiful, we enjoyed it so much!! And I loved the colors at your table and the nest idea was so cute. :-)
Hope to see you soon!

Kathryn
(I love your blog background!)

Unknown said...

I loved all the waiters in the black and white. I told Justin that next year the suit and sun glass thing is in order! :D

nice pics.

love ya
Jesi

Tara Janelle said...

I loved your table!! Great idea!

Everything was great and I really hope we can make it next year (thinking ahead) :-)

You sang beautifully!

Sierra said...

Amanda, Yeah we did, wish you could have made it too! I'd have to agree, all the themes were *amazing*!

Kathyrn, Thanks for commenting! And yes, it was wonderful to meet you and your sister. I hope next year y'all will be able to make it. :)

Jesi, Oh yeah! I can just see it!! Thanks girl! Love ya!

Tara, Thank you! Hey its always good to think ahead. I do that all the time! :) How 'bout coming to Reformation Day?? That would be fun... :)

~Sierra

Jessica McDonald said...

Great post and lovely pictures, Sierra!!

Your table was sooo lovely! And the candy on it, especially so. *grin*

Love you, girl!

~Jess

Anonymous said...

I love your dress!! It's super cute! The flower in the hair is adorable as well. I miss you alot!

~Anna