Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Play Ball!!



Last Sunday our church held a Baseball game at the Morton Park that's about a block away from our church. Unfortunately I wasn't there for the first inning, but as soon as I got there, I grabbed my camera and tried to take some action shots. I got about three that I really liked, and hope you enjoy them too. :) I was so busy taking pictures, that I didn't even get to follow when/who hit home runs or what the score was in the end, which is why I'm kind of making it up...So if any of the guys that were playing Sunday's game is reading this, feel free to comment and fill us in!

NOTE: Keep in mind that all captions are supposed to be in an "Announcer" voice that you would usually hear in Baseball Games.

The "Cardinals" Team:
Mr. Sanford
Mr. Neisen
Dad
Mr. Creath
Colton
Mr. Evans
Josiah
Mr. Ryken
Jacob
Levi N.
Caleb
Gabriel
Levi E.
Zach
Ashton
Dan

The "Cubs" Team:
Jeremy
Jeff
Garrison
Emil
Isaac
Garrett
Samuel
Josiah R.
Peter
Justin
Grace
Moia
Nathan

*******************************************************************************************


Nathan Sanford, ready for that ground ball!


Levi E. getting into position, and though he might look small, he did a fabulous job!


Tom Candler pitching his curve ball! Strikes many people out with those...


Garrett up to bat, and hits a ground ball!


And Justin Ryken *just* makes it!!!
(a little out of order, sorry!)


Gabriel D. does an "unusual" thing and gets a drink outside of the dugout! Where are his sunflower seeds though?


A group of fans pose for a picture, and their all smiles! :)


And Peter Sanford makes his famous SLIDE!!


Jeffery Niesen bats...


And SLIDES in!!


He's known as Thomas O. Candler Jr, retired Coast Guard man, friends call him Tom, and he hits one of the first HOME RUNS in this outrageous game of Cardinals against Cubs!!


Taking a break from the game and getting a shot of this adorable little girl, I think she's for the Cubs....



...But what can you say?


Wait a minute! When did he hit?!?! That's what you get for taking pictures of little ones... At least we got this amazing SLIDE, done by Justin Ryken! (click on the pic. to see it closer)


And he is SAFE!! *crowd cheers wildly*


Since nothing is happening right at this moment...WAIT!!! Why is a lady out in the field? Oh, same reason the girl behind this camera is. :)


Emil Bandy from the Cubs is up to bat, its the last inning!...



...And *he missed the ball completely!! The Cubs fans are crushed.


Well folks, there you have it! THE CARDINALS TEAM WINS!!! :D



***You all did a marvelous job and in reality, Emil got two people in and scored two points for his team.***

18 comments:

Jeremy Degenhart said...

Um, Emil hit a three-run homer, and had 3 RBI's on that hit.

Also, there were an equal number of people on each team that hated either the Cubs or the Cards. Colton may have shared that I was frustrated trying to get this point across... :-)

Jeremy Degenhart said...

After discussing this post with Emil last night, we have decided that this is a perfect example of the difference between guys and girls. You posted a bunch of pictures of spectators, but failed to mention important things. These important things would include:

The final score.
The fact that your Dad hit three homers.
The fact that Mr. Sanford had what turned out to be the game-winning grand slam.

Also, guys would put "(insert name of opposing team's player, like Creath) cheated!" It makes us feel better.

Sierra said...

Thanks for putting your impute in Jeremy. ;) That's why I said in the beginning that I was making up allot of it because I didn't know the important things. So, thanks for commenting.

Emil Bandy said...

Oh, and Sierra, the conversation he's talking about happened with him saying about 100% of the conversation while I was trying to check my email... lol

good pics!!

(oh, and btw... I'm not a fan of the Cubs... I'm a Cards fan... so next time I need to change my teams affiliation) :-)

Emil Bandy said...

Oh, and Mr. Evans wanted me to tell you that Justin was out on that slide....

Justin said...

I want to know how i was on the cubs team?..... it's no wonder we lost...

Tara Janelle said...

Nice post! I love playing baseball.... we are still waiting for our annual "Milky Way Softball Game" invite with our church this year. Do you play, Sierra?

What was the final score?

Sierra said...

Emil, lol! I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have put the teams Cards against Cubs, I didn't even know you really cared about them. The only reason why I did it was because my dad was against Jeremy, and they usually get into one of those, "Cards are better! No! Cubs are!!" :) But yeah, I see what you mean. He was out?! Too bad, that was an amazing slide, and I so thought they said he was safe.

Justin, Sorry! lol...You were on the Cubs team cause you were on Jeremy's team, blame him! ;) Both teams should have came up with names for themselves, then I would have posted the teams according to that. :)

Tara, Thanks! Wow, sounds like lots of fun! I do play, but since this was one of the first baseball games Providence had, I decided to take pictures instead. I'm actually not sure what the final score was, isn't that horrible?!?! I tried asking my brother, but he didn't know either. Love you!

Can someone enlighten us on what the final score was?

~Sierra

Tara Janelle said...

LOL...that's pretty bad when even your brother can't remember the score! :-) I like the idea of having names for the teams....we should do that. usually we have on team all come in bright green shirts and they are known as "The Green Team" and the other team is nameless! :-)

Jeremy Degenhart said...

25-24.

Kathryn Grace said...

Oh my... all the comments coming from the boys make me think perhaps girls ought to just forget about posting baseball posts... LOL! On the other hand, you said you like lots of comments, so if you get the information wrong you'll get lots of comments correcting you... :-)
Personally, I don't care for sports... I go along to our annual church game for the fellowship with the girls who watch! I am clueless about baseball (really). I heard that there was some discussion about our churches having a game together?

Sierra said...

Kathryn, I know! Why aren't the girls commenting? ;) Yes I did say that, and I totally agree. So you and your sister are pretty different concerning sports? I love doing both, playing, and also watching. Oh really? I had only heard of some kind of a camp out, which sounds like lots of fun, but yes, I do think that our churches should get together and do stuff. It'd be *sooo* much fun! And also a great time to get to know each other better. :) *hugs*

Jeremy Degenhart said...

Yeah, cause, like, guys comments aren't worth the kilobytes of space they take up. I am SO underappreciated... :-)

Kathryn Grace said...

Yes, Tara and I are VERY different regarding sports! :-) She is wild with excitement when Dad takes her to a baseball game while I would much rather stay home... if I go, the only thing I really, thoroughly enjoy is getting a lemon icee. LOL!
At our annual game, I and some of the other girls are always photographers and it is so funny how the boys get upset if we don't take enough pictures (as in, under 200 photos :-). To me, you can only have so many baseball pictures, they all look the same, but I think guys and girls view the situation differently! :-)

Oh, yeah, I heard about the camp-out thing too, I wonder if that's still being planned. It'd be great to get together more so we can, like you said, get to know each other better... we only see each other twice a year for Liberty Day and Reformation Day!

I better stop before this comment gets to be novel-length. :-)

The Black Knight said...

One of the first ball games we ever had?

What about the entire summer at the American Legion Hall?

Sierra said...

Kathryn, LOL! I *love* lemon icees! Those are so delicious! :) Yeah, I'd have to agree that guys and girls regard the situation much differently, the guys here don't really care on how many pictures we get of the ballgame, but how many we get of them. ;) (just kidding guys) I hope its still being planned, I'll have to ask one of the McDonald girls about that. :) *hugs*

Black Knight, American Legion?! :) Those were the days...Our church was small, our families were small. But that was years ago I hardly remember all that we did there...I'm just saying that this was one of the first games that *allot* of people from our church played, since it drastically changed.

Robert L. said...

If ever I make it up there...Y'all will have to have another one of those games.
And 25-24! When we play Baseball down here with Mr.Candler and Josiah it was a 4-3. I guess the starting pitching for our game down here was better.

Sierra said...

Yes! That would be so much fun! When are y'all coming out anyway? I can't even remember, who was the pitcher for the game down there...you? That would make sense...lol.