Saturday, May 7, 2011

HA! You thought I was gone for good, didn't ya?? But, such is not the case! I'm very much alive and we have all survived the Winter blues-I guess thats why I haven't been posting much as of late-but, I hope that as Spring and Summer come and go, I'll get a little more "into it". :) 

So, here was our Saturday. Planting season is here again and this year we've decided to do a smaller garden since last years was TOO big for this family to handle. We did what? 22 tomato plants last year? For one family-it was pretty was crazy, and we had tomatos on the counters for MONTHS afterwards. Finally, we made a bunch of salsa. Yay for freezers! :) Between mowing, planting, weeding, cleaning out the garage, cleaning out gutters and drinking delicious lemonade, we kept ourselves quite busy. *nods*

I'll stop rambling and let you get to the photos now-adios! 

Blue skies, red barn, and a garden freshly planted. 

Dad borrowed our neighbors Cabota for spreading the manure.
Yep. Fresh.

Sweet Bell Peppers-I think we got greens, orange, and red out there. We like to be colorful :)

Hot Peppers! We'll be needing those for some spicy salsa. :)
Mmmmm....

Hey, look! Organic! Mom's pretty stoked about this. 
Josiah doing some last minute touches-has to be perrfect. 

These boys were havin' a blast on their dirt bike-you can't tell though, can you? ;)
To some, these are pretty. But for us...

...they call for the John Deere. Lenna was quite happy to be matching it. 

Hannah strikes a pose as she passes by. She's a cutie! 

Me and my sis. :)

Its Elita!!   

Lenna and I totally defying the rules of "one person only" on the tractor.
We had way too much fun with this.


Two of my bestest friends :) 


This jar was filled with fresh, homemade lemonade-by the end of the day, it was this.
Shows for a good day of work. :) 


5 comments:

Melinda Ryken said...

I love reading your blog and I am so glad you decided to write again. :)
The pictures are great! The only way to work is to take pictures and have tons of fun doing it. *nods* And I think y'all have got that down. ;)

Keep up the good work, girly! I'm so glad Spring/Summer is here again! *happy sigh*

*hugs* <3

Jacob Lingo said...

Glad to see Spring has sprung up there Great post and pics. I liked the one of Lenna
matching the JD and the one of Josiah raking. Keep posting.

Elissa said...

Len looks like she's slightly afraid of the camera in the last picture of y'all. Fun post though, the weather looks *AMAZING* out there, it's been SOO windy here that it's not even pleasant to be out, and when it's not windy, it's HOT, so I think our nice weather is already over. Hope we'll be able to get a sample of it sometime this year!!!!!!

<3
~Elissa

Matthew Hector said...

Glad y'all survived the "Winter blues"! :D As always, GREAT pictures!! Hope to see many more posts!


~ Matthew

Anonymous said...

Aw, we didn't get rid of you for good? =P
Gosh, you girls are just way too gorgeous. :)
I love the pictures! Keep posting!