Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hello, dear readers! As some of you know, our family just got back from a very splendid trip to Texas. Many of our family members and friends are down there, so we enjoyed every minute that we could. People have asked me what my favorite part of the trip was and honestly I couldn't pick just one. Two, maybe...Besides the fact of being able to see my grandparents it would have to be the beach (no surprise there, right?? ;)) and late nights with our good friends. Between the people, traditions, and food, visiting Brownsville, Texas is almost like visiting another country, the culture is so different from here. I took MANY many pictures down there, so it was hard to pick just a few out. But, here is what I came up with :)

 12 hours and we finally made it!!!...to the state border :P
First night in Texas we spent at the Blanchards house in Dallas-we were warmly welcomed with hugs, smiles, and a delicious meal. Here, Hannah shot a self portrait with her friend, Joshua.
 In San Antonio we stopped by a Mexican restaurant that was beautifully decorated with colorful Pinatas! 

 While eating, some mariachis came and started singing-even though I couldn't understand a single word, I enjoyed every bit of it.

As Lenna and I posed with these great t-shirts, a Mexican guy stopped us and asked if we were *really* Mexican. We told him our mom was part Mexican and he rolled his eyes mumbling that we were lying. We just smiled and shot the picture :)
My baby sister who isn't much of a baby anymore...
 San Antonio's River-walk-soo pretty!

 Our family in front of the Alamo :)
 Lenna and I getting a *very* cheesy picture ;)

 A beautiful cathedral found in San Antonio as well...
 Rebecca, myself, and Lenna <3

 Hannah being a goof-as always!
Us girls at the Bay in Corpus Christi-the view was stunning!
Us girls again at the local beach-we had such a great time!

Lenna and Josiah enjoying the sun :)

 Our good friend took us to a cemetery in Brownsville where soldiers from WW1 were buried.

During the weekend we spent time at the Wilsons house to play air hockey and ping-pong-we all had a wonderful time meeting new friends and catching up with the old ones!

 Don't get in between Lenna and her sweet iced tea. Period. 

Noah playing peek-a-boo with the camera-isn't he cute??
The Daniels family asked me to take a quick shot of them together-pretty cute if I do say so myself.
On one of the last days we were in Texas, we went to the Charro Day celebration-later we heard that the temperature, 98, had been the hottest in all the nation. We were geniuses to sit in the sun, and only lasted half way through.

 These girls don't seem to have a problem with the weather, huh?

The performers in all their costumes, dancing in the street.
To end this post is a picture of us kids at South Padre Island :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how there is this beach post... and then the post below is all snow... :) lol
Great post - looks like you guys had a blast!! Glad to have you back though. :D

Jesi

Elissa said...

Beautiful pictures! Looks like y'all had an amazing time.
Man, my dad has told me about South Padre, now I want to go there even more, it looks *beautiful*

~Elissa

Johanna Martinez said...

Loved the post and loved having yall donwn! We miss you already!

Janai Fuentes said...

Great post! And I *love* those t-shirts!! ;D

Hope to see you guys soon... =)

~Janai