Wednesday, January 20, 2010

This past weekend we were invited by our friends, the Rykens, to go to Chicago with them and tour the Museum of Science and Industry. Since our whole family wasn't able to go, the three oldest accepted the invitation. So bright and early Monday morning we all piled into the 15 passenger van. That's just the way we roll. :) The drive there and back was definitely my favorite part of the day. Between the coffee that certain people had, listening to music, being totally excited, and laughing pretty much the entire ride...it was quite a time! :)

I'm going to try very hard to squish all the exciting pictures into 2 parts, but I might just have to do 3. We'll just have to wait and see. Enjoy!! :)



What's a ride without a little music?

On our way we stopped by the largest McDonald's restaurant in the North-West...


...it had 2 stories, and these amazing TVs.


"WE'RE IN CHICAGO!!"


Good looking bunch, wouldn't 'ya say? ;)


Jesi and Lenna are all smiles.


There were soo many exhibits it was hard to choose which ones to go to first!


Why Lenna and I standing in front of a donor hall, I don't know.

Mathias and Josiah stop to get a shot.


Jesi as the engineer and Josiah has the fireman. Lookin' good! :)


Ooooh, aaaah.

Bigger "ooooh", bigger "aaaah".


This was pretty impressive. Although it was made out of a plastic-like stuff, it was quite good.



This was a ginormous train set! I've always been enthused with the smaller ones when I was younger, so this was pretty cool.


Ships, ships, and more ships.


This was an interesting exhibit...You would look through this microscope and push a button and it would take a picture of your eye. Freaky, huh?


Lenna wanted a turn.


Us girls wanted a group picture in a "girly" area...


...while the guys got a picture in a "guy-ish" area.


This model was pretty cool, one of my favorites!



Its amazing how these models could look so real...


Haha, yep. Another mirror picture...and there will be plenty more! :)

Planes, planes, and more planes.


Nikon. Truly, the best.


It was quite humerous seeing these guys try to salute. Just had to take a picture of it!

Check back for part 2 soon!!

9 comments:

Justin said...

'plastic-like stuff'... lol :P

Joanna said...

That is so neat! Isn't that museum great? We live only two hours away, so we try to go at least every year. Have you been to the Field Museum? We haven't made it, but I hear that it is good too.

Josiah David said...

Hey Sis, nice post! Yeah, we definitely had an awesome time! I just look back to when the Starbucks kicked in and laugh. :D

Jacob Guenther said...

I went to that museum last year. Amazing place :)

Tara Janelle said...

Hey, I think I've been to that McDonalds before, but it was really really packed when we went.

I quite agree - long drives with friends are GREAT!

The museum looks like a lot of fun.

So, do you like Chicago? I can't take very much of it, it's so big and crowded.

Sierra said...

Justin, Hey, had to say something. :)

Joanna, It was very cool! How neat! No, I've never been there, but I've heard it to be quite good. :)

Josiah, Ahh, good times. :) I love starbucks!!

Jacob, That's awesome! Yeah, It was pretty amazing... :)

Tara, Yes! Well, at least from what I could tell. We didn't really walk around outside much...But from what I saw, I loved it. :) I've always had a little something for the city, but deep down, I'm 100% country. :) *hugs*

Kathryn Grace said...

Looks like lots o' fun! I really do not like Chicago but I do like some things that are there... i.e. being IN a place rather than walking down the streets. I'm somewhere in the middle of city girl and country girl... Maybe a nice small estate in the countryside would suit me... you know, maybe like Pemberly? LOL!

Gotta love Starbucks... oh yeah, and Canons take pretty nice pictures too. Sorry, I couldn't resist. *winks*

Oh - speaking of pictures... I'm having a photography contest if you are interested. http://maidensofvirtue.com/photography_contest.html

SavannahLynn said...

S.T.A.R.B.U.C.K.S........i'm an addict...........mooowahahahah..........that was suppose to be an evil laugh?????...........still an addict........GO NAVY!!!!!NAVY BRATZ ROCK!!OOO-YA!!!....whats "guy-ish" area suppose to mean??????hey does that aircraft carrier have the number 74???you know the USS John C. Stennis.....my Dad drives that ship....its the biggest of its kind.....but on second looks I'm pretty sure its the USS George Washington???? oh and that submarine looks like the USS Chicago???the USS Arleigh Burke must have been amazing too.......*jealous*.......*jealous*.....*jealous*.....

Sierra said...

Kathryn, Ha! You sound like your sister! :) Don't even get my started on how I think Nikon is the best. ;) *hugs*

Oh how fun! Thanks for sharing! I'll have to check in to it, sounds wonderful! :)

Savanah, You mean USCG? ;) I guess I'm a little biased. No I don't think we saw that one...But it sounds very interesting! :) *hugs